Our family has always thoroughly enjoyed Halloween. Given this is our first year living in and operating The Livingston Inn, we are especially looking forward to this zany day. As my son stated when I was decorating the yard this year, “Dad, it’s a Gothic-revival mansion. You’ve got to make it look great.” Hence, the zombie with glowing red eyes coming out of the ground that I added to this year’s display. And the orange glowing light in the cupola.
With that in mind, I consulted with my wife and three children and asked for the top 10 reasons why we love Halloween:
10. The glow of pumpkins lit at night.
9. Haunted houses (I’ve heard great things about Schuster’s and Eugster’s this year).
8. Decorating the house – it gets better every year.
7. Chocolate chip pumpkin muffins.
6. Scary movie marathons.
5. Trick or treating with friends.
4. Putting on a costume and turning into someone (or something) else.
3. A fun reason for darkness falling earlier each night.
2. Pumpkins – fun to carve, and just like snowflakes, no two are alike.
And the number one reason we love Halloween…
1. Candy, candy, and more candy!
Wishing everyone much fun and fright this year!